Authored by: Dove Gospel – Group
Fundamental Pentecostalism is a sect of Christianity that follows the way of Jesus Christ and the original apostles as declared in the Holy Bible in John 14:4-6. This is derived from both Pentecost and the teachings of Jesus Christ which honors the baptism of the Holy Spirit upon the believers of Jesus Christ through the many gifts of the Holy Spirit with the predominant being the speaking and interpenetrating the Holy Language of Tongues as described in the Holy Bible through the chapters of Acts of the Apostles.
- Spiritual Gifts
- Denominational Oversight & Statistics
Like other forms of Pentecostalism, Fundamental Pentecostalism adheres to the living Word which is the Holy Bible and strictly believes in the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ in order that those who believe in Him may receive repentance, salvation and new birth per the chapters of the New Testament in the Holy Bible.
We differentiate as a sect of Christianity by the belief that we all fall short of the glory that is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and cannot condemn members for their sin for the blood of Jesus Christ covers all who believe and in his gift we do not face a second death in his sacrifice and resurrection/ascension.
Fundamental Pentecostalism spans across the nations sustaining a membership of over 8,000 worldwide through the regions of Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, North America, Oceania and South America. Fundamental Pentecostalism is maintained and structured through the formation of Dove Gospel – Multinational under Principal Scholar Bill Carey of Dove Gospel – College and International Board of Directors.
The early movement of Fundamental Pentecostalism is shown throughout the teaching and guidance of Jesus Christ and the original apostles in the Holy Bible. Stemming from the early church Fundamental Pentecostalism is the formal acknowledgement and application of the work and teaching of Jesus Christ and the original apostles being applied to the modern day church.
Throughout the early church it’s members were persecuted and sentenced to death for their belief in our savior Jesus Christ and for that reason we fight against all persecution of members in the network today. Using the application and this teaching we as a Christian sect are radically inclusive of all to come and receive baptism of the Holy Spirit in Christianity and to worship Jesus Christ in freedom and truth only the LORD can reveal.
Fundamental Pentecostalism is a radically inclusive, evangelical faith that wholly believes in the reliability of the Biblical manuscripts of the Bible and the need for inward transformation of an individual through the baptism of water, Holy Spirit and spiritual fire by faith in Jesus Christ.
Through the teaching of the Holy Bible, we believe that Jesus Christ was sentenced to death, descended to Hades and took the keys of sin and death, resurrected on the third day and in the following ascended to heaven in order to send us a helper the Holy Spirit who embodies within believers to this day. On the day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit descended on the believers in the early church which provides an immediate reference to the teaching of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit and moving in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit in today’s Fundamental Pentecostal churches throughout the world.
By believing in the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ; Fundamental Pentecostalism believes all can then receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit and baptism by Water and spiritual fire:
- Baptism of Water: All can come to receive new birth so that they may receive the freedom that the blood of Jesus Christ offers to all.
- Baptism of Holy Spirit: Through baptism by belief in the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ all can be imparted with the manifesting of the Holy Spirit inside all believers.
- Baptism of Fire: When being baptized with water and the Holy Spirit it is common for a believer to experience the fire of the Holy Spirit bubbling like a brook within them.
Each who receive baptism of the Holy Spirit are commonly revealed the inner workings of the Heavens allowing for them to supernaturally grow in an area or multiple areas that Jesus Christ enables through his sacrifice:
We are able to manifest the gifts so that the power of Jesus Christ may be revealed.
- Utterance – The gifts that allow us to speak either life or death with our tongue.
- Power – Allowing for us to take action with the power of the Holy Spirit who is dwelling within us.
- Revelation – The gifts in which reveal something only provided by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- Words Of Knowledge
When moving in the supernatural manifestation of the Holy Spirit, there are some within the body who will reveal words of knowledge through the laying on of hands which is a practice in which imparts the empowerment of the Heaven over the individual seeking prayer and discernment.
- Speaking in Tongues
A supernatural gift that allows for an unlearned language to be spoken which must be interpreted so that the entire body will be edified if spoken over a congregation as part of an offering in prayer or supplication to an individual.
- Interpretation of Tongues
This is a great empowerment to those speaking in tongues that allows for the interpretation of a message conveyed over a congregation or supplication to an individual so that they may hear the words spoken in a known language so that the heart my audibly hear what is being spoken over them.
Moving With Power
- Faith: We are measured by our faith before the LORD as part of a special, supernatural gift that is for us to receive and be given by the Holy Spirit to receive miracles and the supernatural manifestation of God’s will on earth that transcends our earthly understanding of events.
- Healing: Through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit and by using the faith that is given to us as a gift, we move in the Holy Spirit in order that others may be healed by prayer or the laying on of hands.
- Distinguishing between Spirits: All who are filled with the Holy Spirit are given a discernment through a supernatural move of the Holy Spirit to discern what is and is not of the Kingdom of Heaven.
All members of Fundamental Pentecostalism praise and worship by using the gifts bestowed upon them with modern instruments, by singing with praise so that all who receive it shall receive life and healing to the body as freedom comes as we worship the name of Jesus Christ. As members who are practicing worship facing congregations are investing into the group with a deep emphasizes on the purity of those worshiping the Father, Son and Holy Spirit so that the Heavens may have freedom to open over members receiving the blessing of praise.
Members who are practicing worship are encouraged to worship in an intimate place where they can spontaneously engage in singing, playing of an instrument and praising he who sits on the throne with worship being the primary and focus point with preaching to be included in all religious services.
Commonly referred to as being “slain in the spirit” is a practice that involves becoming edified in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit which can manifest in the “falling down by the filling of the Holy Spirit. This is a form that can be considered prostration in which a person falls backward or on to the ground. We encourage members of the congregation to move with freedom in worship whether this be dancing or praising his name so they may lift up Jesus Christ without restriction or a confined space.
4. Denominational Oversight & Statistics
On the 26th of October 2013, Dove Gospel – Multinational was formed with the association of its leadership James Hughes and Alex Joyce who have chaired the development and expansion of Fundamental Pentecostalism throughout the regions of the world that it operates today. With the subsidiary Dove Gospel – College the doctrine of Fundamental Pentecostalism has been established and under the guidance of Principle Scholar Bill Carey.
Through association and membership under the governance of Dove Gospel – Multinational Fundamental Pentecostalism has collected over 8,000 registrations of affiliated religious organizations worldwide:
- Agape Sanctuary Ministries International
- Dove Gospel – Church
- Elohim Prayer Ministries International
- Spiritual Life Church Ministry